From Roland Zwaga <rol...@stackandheap.com>
Subject Re: Missing Spark Components List
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:55:19 GMT

> It was not a criticism, but a real question about how complicated it would
> be to donate just the code for those components without any other code from
> Flex 5. I was hoping this could be not very hard to do. I'm aware of the
> hard work they are doing and I want to thank them for it, sorry if I gave
> another impression.

Hi Haykel,

sorry if I misinterpreted your tone, glad to read you meant well ;)
>From what I understand the legal process of getting any line of source code
from the
Flex codebase donated to Apache takes a long time. How long it takes
exactly,
its hard to say, we're at the mercy of Adobe's legal department.
I don't think Carol or Alex dare to make an estimate, they did so before
and it turned
out to take a lot longer, so I understand if they don't want to speculate :)

cheers,

Roland