From Jonathan Campos <jonbcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex namespace and build script changes
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:33:53 GMT
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> > My vote is to keep the spark ns in the 4.x branch and then have a new
> > namespace when we decide to create a new set of components.
> 100% agree with that. Again not suggestion we change existing name space
> just that we add one or two.
>
> I'm actually thinking we don't add any names right now, just stick with
spark. I wouldn't want to see us get name crazy. I know you say "one or
two", but that is a slipper slope to a few dozen pretty quickly. If
something doesn't fit the current model well enough that it needs it's own
namespace should it even be included in the core?

> > I do agree with Daniel in that we don't use "apache" or any derivation as
> > we are then stuck for the next set of components.
> Stuck how exactly? Package names may be a bit longer but is that really an
> issue?

Stuck as in if we name some set of components "apache" and then after some
time we make a new set.. we call them apache2? I'd prefer to just come up
with a more 'marketing' style name.

> > Though I may be convinced to have a namespace for experimental
> components.
> Any idea what you would name it?

No idea. This is just talking out loud but it may be good for one of the
branches that are more in development rather than the trunk. The trunk
would always have finalized names and packages. This would be more for
those developers that like to live on the edge.

--
Jonathan Campos