From Jonathan Campos <jonbcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex namespace and build script changes
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:17:17 GMT
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Forgot to say there is an one advantage in having a different name space
> for new stuff in that it tell you straight away that you need to use the
> Apache Flex SDK not the Adobe 4.6 SDK.

My vote is to keep the spark ns in the 4.x branch and then have a new
namespace when we decide to create a new set of components.

I do agree with Daniel in that we don't use "apache" or any derivation as
we are then stuck for the next set of components.

Though I may be convinced to have a namespace for experimental components.
In the past Adobe had a release schedule and all components we setup with a
new release. Now we may have people pulling for a more experimental branch.
It may be nice to have a different namespace for components that are more
of a work-in-progress or unsure of their final inclusion. I am mentally on
the fence about that.

--
Jonathan Campos