From Jonathan Campos <>
Subject Re: Missing Spark Components List
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:40:32 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Jonathan Campos <>wrote:

> While I get the intention I think that to go down this path will cause
> confusion and also reduce people's abilities to see new features and
> functionality (specifically in the case of TileList, HRule/VRule,
> LinkButton... well all of them).

Just one more thought. My biggest issue with keeping this list and
requiring a 1-1 equivalent is what happens the next time we figure out a
really good way to make components? Now we have to port the entire list
over whether they are needed or not just to keep "the list" going.

Things like TileList I was happy to see start dying out for the more
flexible List+TileLayout. I think we should continue down this path rather
than keeping up with a 1-1 list.

I do like the fact we are keeping a list of "missing components" for people
to work on. I just feel that more discretion needs to be taken before
adding items to the list wholesale.

Jonathan Campos