From Williams Farias <will.far...@gmail.com>
Subject Halo x Spark
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 22:16:19 GMT
Greatings everyone,

I´d like to know why does Spark skining is so dificult to get a simple
result.

I´m building now a web application and I need just to skin the ScrollBar.
Ok, in Flex3 i just open my Flash CS5, create a new Symbol and "Export for
actionscript". Then i just add 4 new lines in my CSS style code, and its
done. I have now a simple and 2 minuts made scrollbar.

But in Spark component... ohhh, what a brutal work i´d had to take...
create a new Style... and put everything on the code... ohhh man, thats a
really waste of time with hundreds of codes lines and without a design
interface to see how it looks like... in my opinion its too much work for
such a little result!

Just because of that scrollbar man, i had to decide to use Flex 3 insted of
4!!! A simple and  mediocre scrollbar skin!

I was wondering: how can the most simple thing to do in Flex could be
transformed in a bunch of lines and hard work as that scrolllBar skin?

If i could propose something to chance in the next releases of Flex, is a
mix of Halo and Spark Skins. I think that Flex3 skinning is much more
simple and intelligent to do.

Antoher thing that frightened me was to read that Adobe will not update
more the Design View of Flash Builder! Does Apacge group have any
prediction about this?

Thanks!

Williams Farias