From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex Namespace URI
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:39:33 GMT
Hi,

> I don't know about Flex but in many cases changing namespace URIs is
> problematic
They  have no effect on ActionScript code (ie 99% of the SDK). It would effect MXML code (but
only files using the new name space) if a URI was changed. As far as I'm aware anyway there
may be a something I'm missing or don't know about.

It would be easy enough to have an incubating URI and another URI when we graduate. They could
even point to the same manifest file (basically a list of classes for that namespace).

You would just need to do something like this in flex-config.xml file in the frameworks directory.

         <namespace>
            <uri>http://incubator.apache.org/flex</uri>
            <manifest>apache-manifest.xml</manifest>
         </namespace>
         <namespace>
            <uri>http://flex.apache.org/</uri>
            <manifest>apache-manifest.xml</manifest>
         </namespace>

Thanks,
Justin