From Cosma Colanicchia <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Actionscript workers and async locking?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 09:14:43 GMT
@LeftRight: I agree that event-based async methods are more idiomatic,
but my opinion is that they are more simple to use only in a limited
use cases. If you take the scenario I described (if f(x) return g(x)
else return h(x)" with f, g and h being async operations) that is not
very complex, yet it require the definition of 4-5 additional
methods/closures with the normal approach. Also, any async operation
currently cannot be statically typed (you cannot put the real
"returned type" in method signatures that involves async operations),
loosing readability and compile-time check.

2012/3/26 Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>:
> Hi,
>
> You might want to note that RemoteObject does throw an errors on faults if no event handler
has been set up. Take a look at dispatchEvent in RemoteObject. Again not tested just looked
at the source but from memory that's the behaviour.