From Cosma Colanicchia <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Actionscript workers and async locking?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:20:23 GMT
Good point, Justin.

Note that the "single" concurrency just throws an error if you try to
invoke a second call while there is another one in progress for the
same RemoteObject.

2012/3/26 Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>:
> Hi,
>
>> I feel like a lot of people tried and are trying to address the
>> disadvantages of coding async control flows. So I ask myself again:
>> with worker threads, wouldn't it be simpler to just ask to synchronize
>> the thread on the async token, i.e. locking it until result/fault?
>
> In general this would work for a string of calls one after the other where each call
depends on the results of  the previous call.

> However you may want to make 3 async calls and then when you get all 3 back (which may
return in a different order each time) then make another call if they all worked.

> In this case I've at various times used different way of solving this by using event
maps, counting no of successful calls before making another, setting concurrency and made
code independent of the order the calls return in.

> I'm not sure that worker threads can really help with making async calls (but happy to
be convinced otherwise).

> Re locking there is a property on both the web service and remote classes which would
act the same way as locking. Just set concurrency to "single".