From Tink <f...@tink.ws >
Subject Re: MobileAlert - quetwo
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:40:49 GMT
Modal shouldn't disable other components (i.e. it shouldn't set
enabled to false on the components as it will then change their skin
state) it just places a mouse blocker above all content but below your
popup, you'd want this on mobile though i would have thought. You'd
also want  to make sure the Alert appear above all other content.

These 2 things are what PopUpManager takes care of for you. If you
don't use PopUpManager it will still get included,  as it's
instantiated in SystemManager.

Tink

On 16 Mar 2012, at 14:20, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Modal, in my mind would should disable everything that is not within
> that
> component.  Do you understand it to be something else?
>
> -Nick
>
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Tink <flex@tink.ws> wrote:
>
>> Mobile wouldn't use modal, and need to make sure its sitting on top
>> of any
>> other content?
>>

>> On 16 Mar 2012, at 12:09, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:
>>
>> I wouldn't mind switching it over to a SkinablePopUpComponent.
>> I'll set
>>> that as a goal.
>>>
>>> My only thought on having two versions (a MobileAlert and an
>>> Alert) is
>>> that
>>> the MobileAlert would cut out some functionality in order to be a
>>> bit
>>> quicker (for example, not launching via the PopUpManager, because we