From Tink <f...@tink.ws >
Subject Re: MobileAlert - quetwo
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:27:13 GMT
On 16 Mar 2012, at 20:20, Jonathan Campos wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Tink <flex@tink.ws> wrote:
>
>> One thing I would like to see implemented in the new
>> SkinnablePopUpContainer, and added to the PopUpSkinnableContainer,
>> is the
>> ability to center the popup, and keep it centered. They should also
>> contain
>> the metadata for the modal styles so they can be set inline.
>

> My one problem with the SkinnablePopups is they use a function called
> updatePosition (or something like that) to position themselves. This
> seems
> okay, but what if you want to be able to give 1 popup multiple
> places to
> popup (based on user input). To solve this I've long since extended
> the
> SkinnablePopups to include additional parameters similar to the
> callout's
> functionality. Then the updatePosition (or whatever) function uses
> those
> parameters to position itself.
>
> I'd probably push to add a few positioning parameters to the
> SkinnablePopups.
>
> --
> Jonathan Campos

You mean relative positioning to another component, or providing a
series of absolute x and y positions?

If you mean positioning relative to components, I have a layout
(layouts should position stuff) for positioning popups relative to
other components, that supports the same positioning s a Callout (the
code in Callout is pretty bad, layout all over the shop), and it also
supports the ability to control the positioning of a pointer as well.
It's a little strange how it works as you use the layout in the popup
skin, and it actually positiongs the content and the arrow, not the
component or the skin itself. I dig it out and provide an example.

Tink