From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [OT] IME
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 22:21:42 GMT
Hi,

> I was curious about how that IME works in detail accross implementations and I stumbled
upon the following:
> * It doesn't work same in the various WMODEs
> * In some WMODE settings it behaves differently in different browsers
Interesting but perhaps not that surprising it's a little odd in transparent mode. Window
is the most likely wmode for a flex application. I assume it works fin  in that mode on all
browsers you tested?

> Open Question: I have not found a way to listen to IMEEvent.IME_START_COMPOSITION, has
anybody ever tried that?
I've not tried but I would assume you listen on the textinput field. Perhaps TLF is getting
in the way?

> It would be awesome if someone could test it on Mac/Linux and perhaps create a little
AIR app to test it ...
From a quick look on OSX:
Safari 5.1-  can set mode (and it works) in both opaque and transparent
Firefox 9 - can set mode (and it works) in both opaque and transparent
Chrome 17- can set mode (and it works) in both opaque and transparent

You might also want to look at the table here re Window/Linux/OSX IME support.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/system/IME.html

Thanks,
Justin