From Tink <f...@tink.ws >
Subject Re: MobileAlert - quetwo
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:14:31 GMT
On 16 Mar 2012, at 19:27, Jonathan Campos wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Tink <flex@tink.ws> wrote:
>
>> These 2 things are what PopUpManager takes care of for you. If you
>> don't
>> use PopUpManager it will still get included,  as it's instantiated in
>> SystemManager.
>

> I too have created a variety of popups and alerts for mobile for my
> projects. I would prefer that we stick with using the popupmanager
> as it is
> the way most people are used to working with the framework.
>
> Also I would prefer to have a modal ability as with tablet
> applications
> modal is still very important.
>
> --
> Jonathan Campos

Spark moved away from the direct use of the PopUpManager, with
SkinnablePopUpContainer, which used it internally.
I think if we added a SkinnablePopUpComponent (which would be really
useful anyway as most popups I have had to make, generally don't need
to be containers), it would then be ideal to extend for an Alert.

One thing I would like to see implemented in the new
SkinnablePopUpContainer, and added to the PopUpSkinnableContainer, is
the ability to center the popup, and keep it centered. They should
also contain the metadata for the modal styles so they can be set
inline.

Quite happy to throw one of these together and add it to Nick's
whiteboard space, and then he can take a look whether he wants to use
it for his Alert.

Tink