From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Add PostCodeValidator and PostCodeFormatter to the SDK
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:59:42 GMT
Hi,

> the IME has not much to do with that.
Validators are intended to be use with UI components usually  text input field which have
IME support. The documentation makes it fairly clear (to me) that the responsibility should
be in with the text field (via IME) not in the validator.

>  User is always the highest authority and can always change the IME conversionMode in
a System toolbar!
You can set the the compatibility mode via ActionScript. Have a look at "Setting the IME conversion
mode" and "Disabling the IME for certain text fields". It even mentions numeric only input
fields ie postcodes.

I had a quick try of this and it setting the IME did work in Safari in OSX but I don't know
how it works on other OS or browsers. I assume it's widely supported or that would be mentioned
in the documentation. (I may of missed it?)

> Beyond that this recommendation system does not work in Chrome or Firefox, just Internet
Explorer supports it, Opera completely left me standing in the rain....
Both HTML and flash applications? As I said it works in Safari for me which is WebKit based
like Firefox. Any links that show this to be the case for Flesh/Flex?

> Well anyways: IME is to help make the users life easier but he can input both full and
half width characters at any time! Which means it is related to the Validator imho.
Yep but you can disable/change mode and even convert character use using IME support in Flash.

Thanks,
Justin