From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Changes and Graduation Was: [PROPOSAL] html template
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 03:10:56 GMT
Hi,

> If I know that folks are submitting patches based on Adobe IP
I'm not going to commit anything that has not been cleared (from Adobe or otherwise) if that
is your concern.

> I was hoping we'd review commits for technical merit, not legality.
In most cases (simple bug fixes and the like) I certainly can't see there being legal issues.
Anything large would need to contributor at a minimum to sign a CLR and may need to be checked
if is actually allowed to be donated eg companies usually own IP of code written by employees.
I'm sure this will be discussed on the list on a case by case basis.

> I am basically saying that I think it is a bad practice to be making
> modifications to files containing IP that isn't cleared
Misunderstanding on my part there. I thought the discussion was about changes in general not
changes to files that have yet to be donated. I think we got a little bit off track as nothing
has actually been submitted/patched so far it was just discussion on potential changes. I
understand your concerns re working on files before they have been donated.

Thanks,
Justin