From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Apache Flex namespace and build script changes
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 06:25:20 GMT
Hi,

I just checked in (to patches branch) changes to the build script for a new apache sub project
that produces an apache.swc and apache_rb.swc. (Anyone feel the swc should have a different
name?) This gives a clean separation between the current swc namespaces and the apache one.

This is were I propose that we add new components to the SDK.

To add a component you just need to add to the classes into SVN and add entries to the two
manifest files. As a proof of concept I've gone ahead and added the PostCodeValidator and
PostCodeFormatter classes to this new project/target. The SDK compiles correctly and I can
use the new components in a project that uses that SDK.

I not yet added the ASDocs or unit tests into SVN.

Re unit tests I'm not sure if we should add a single target for all unit tests OR add to each
subproject. I'm assuming that any unit test submitted would probably be separate to Mustella
tests.

Changes will have to be made to the build.xml files once we get further donations from Adobe.

I made a couple of decisions in doing this that will probably generate some discussion.  The
major one being the Apache Flex namespace.

The flex-config.xml file has a new namespace added for Apache Flex:
<namespace>
    <uri>http://www.apache.org/flex</uri>
    <manifest>apache-manifest.xml</manifest>
</namespace>

This means you will typical MXML file will start like this if you are using any of the new
(or added in the future) components:
<s:Application
	xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
	xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
	xmlns:a="http://www.apache.org/flex">

Of course you can name the namespace something other than  "a" but that fits with the rest.

If anyone has any (even minor) issues with what I've done please either go ahead and change
(if you're a committer) or speak up and I'll revert and/or fix as required.

An issue I noticed right away in Flash Builder is that while auto completion does work ctrl
click doesn't and tool tip help doesn't  show up. I assume the tool tip are generated from
the ASDoc which explains that. The apach.swc source attachment (library path preferences)
 is empty which explains the ctrl click but not sure how to make it non empty. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Justin