From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex namespace and build script changes
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 07:27:48 GMT
Hi,

> Does adding a new apache component namespace paint us into a corner in the
> future as opposed to using something more abstract (halo, spark, etc.)?
I don't think so we can change it at any time and we're a while away from the first non parity
release. I thought I just go ahead and do it to start the discussion off. Other people may
have different views.

> Additionally, why not use the existing spark namespace for new components
The intention is to have components submitted to an area first in the SDK for people to play
around with and improve and then more them further into the SDK once they are good enough
quality. The org.apache.flex namespace may or may not end up being this place so we may end
up with 2 new namespaces? Having them all in a seperate swc also makes them a bit more "optional".

Components one name space can reference the components in other with no problem.

> If someone wants to add an "mx-ish" component, should that go in the
> mx namespace or the apache namespace?
Either but probably not the mx name space straight away.

Thanks,
Justin