From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] html template
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 22:41:14 GMT
Hi,

> I had not realized the templates had not been donated in the first dump.
> One concern I have is that they use SWFObject so there is an external
> dependency there.
SWFObject is MIT (Category A licence) so should be no issues there.

> IMHO, you are making more work by mucking with the templates now, but there
> really isn't anything I can do to stop you.

More work for who? Me perhaps? I've not changed a single line of code yet. I don't see it
being any extra effort to come up with a fix now and apply that after the code has been donated.
 Again we are talking about changes to a single fairly simple HTML page.

>  We'll just have to remember to pay close attention to changes to the template.

Totally agree. Any changes would have  improve the template in some way for the better and
be fully tested on a wide set of browsers and platforms. If anyone does submit a patch I'll
help to get it accepted but that doesn't mean I'm going to commit it straight to the trunk.
:-)

I would of assumed that the template wold of been part of the upcoming compiler donation as
it's used as part of the compilation process.

Thanks,
Justin