From Tink <f...@tink.ws >
Subject Setting a layout on Scroller
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:04:56 GMT
Users should not be prevented from setting custom layouts on spark
controls as it removed flexibility from the framework. A good example
of this is Scroller.

Time and time again I've come across UI's that require increase and
decrease buttons only when paging or scrolling, and developers build
it over and over again. If we could set layouts on a Scroller we would
be able to use its built in functionality to take care of this for
use. I don't propose we add an InlineScroller component, but allow
uses to set layouts on the Scroller and add some new skins and an
InlineScrollerLayout.

As an example I've added the following to my whiteboard area

incubator/flex/whiteboard/tink/navigators/src/ws/tink/spark/controls/
InlineScroller.as
incubator/flex/whiteboard/tink/navigators/src/ws/tink/spark/layouts/
InlineScrollerLayout.as
incubator/flex/whiteboard/tink/navigators/src/ws/tink/spark/skins/
controls/HNoTrackNoThumbScrollBarSkin.mxml
incubator/flex/whiteboard/tink/navigators/src/ws/tink/spark/skins/
controls/InlineScrollerSkin.mxml
incubator/flex/whiteboard/tink/navigators/src/ws/tink/spark/skins/
controls/VNoTrackNoThumbScrollBarSkin.mxml

and source for examples here

incubator/flex/whiteboard/tink/navigators/examples/src/
InlineScrollerExamples.mxml

You can view a compiled example here

http://www.tink.ws/examples/apache-flex/InlineScrollerExamples.html

And an overview of other stuff in my whiteboard here (I should
probably add it to the wiki?).

http://www.tink.ws/examples/apache-flex/

Tink