From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: While we're waiting for Mustella
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 02:59:55 GMT
Hi,

I took a different approach and was able to run component smoke tests. It's actually not even
that hard and no command line involved. The following steps assume you're using Flash Builder.

1. Download the open source SDK.

2. Create a new Flex project in the frameworks test directory.

3. Edit the project and change the SDK from 4.6 to your own version of the Apache 4.6 (assuming
that's what you want to test).

4. Edit the project source path and add the componentSmoke and basicTest directory (so package
paths are correct).

5. Drag and drop ComponentSmoke.mxml and BasicText.mxml to the src default package.

6. Add mxunit.swc to lib directory (drop and drag again).

7. Right click and run as web application ComponentSmoke.mxml and BasicText.mxml.

8. Fix up the couple of path issues with including as files.

7. Right click and run as web application ComponentSmoke.mxml and BasicText.mxml. They will
now run - you might want to edit BasicTest.mxml (see comments).

I assume the same can be done for tests in the other directories. graphics, layout, performance
etc etc)

Note that on a Mac not all of the component smoke tests pass (I think that been brought up
before on the list), but most of them do and that a good start :-) Be great if some one could
run this on windows and see what they get.

We now have a way (even if it's not perfect) of testing the SDK - anyone have anything they
want tested/submitted?

Thanks,
Justin