From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [OT] What are we doing here?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:57:07 GMT
Hi,

>  the amount of code that has been offered up and discussed and
> what has actually been committed to even the patch branch - to say nothing
> of the trunk.
It's been decided by consensus that currently the best way forward it to commit to a patches
branch. We don't want to cause any issues that might delay even further other Adobe code
donation.

> Tink's layouts have been around forever, been used by quite a bit of the
> Flex community and, I feel, fill a need in the SDK but remain in his
> whiteboard. Why?
Perhaps he feels that are not ready yet or that they need more testing? But that doesn't stop
people from using them.

> For the record, I've have created code, offered it up for proposal and
> discussion. It was discussed.
And I wouldn't give up on it yet. I think the Android toast notification is a good idea I'm
just not sure if an Android specific components need to be in the SDK. I'm not a mobile developer
so was hoping than someone with more mobile experience would join the discussion there.

> I don't take it personally because its what has happened with pretty much every other
bit of code offered up for
> proposal and discussion on this list.
People are busy and have their own interests. If you feel something has been overlooked just
bring it up on the list again and ask if anyone is interested in reviewing or providing feedback.

Thanks,
Justin