From "GRANDRIE Matthieu (Ext)" <matthieu.grand...@novacom-services.com>
Subject About Adobe automation libraries
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 11:23:03 GMT
Hello
I have a question about the future of Adobe's automation libraries of the SDK : automation.swc,
automation_spark.swc, automation_dmv.swc, automation_agent.swc.
You need these libs when you want to use some automatic testing tools such as FlexMonkey.

In the latest releases of the Adobe Flex SDK, these libs where provided as evaluation, without
the source code, and you could try to use them for a few automated requests but very quickly
you got an message saying that you had to purchase a license to be able to make full use of
the automation libs.
Yet I've read on the official Adobe Flex blog that:

"Regarding the incubation proposals, we have received all of the necessary Adobe legal clearance
in order to contribute the full Flex SDK (including MXML compiler, automation libraries and
data visualization components) to Apache."
Source : http://blogs.adobe.com/flex/2011/12/an-update-on-flex.html

So just to make things clear, does that mean that in next releases of the SDK that Apache
is working on, these libs will be included and it'll be no longer mandatory to purchase an
extra license to run automation tools like FlexMonkey ?

Thanks
Matt