From Tomislav Pokrajcic <tomis...@svemir.net>
Subject Re: Flash Player premium features
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:32:20 GMT
ASP.NET frameworks are not transferred to the community, they just
opened the source and applied the Apache license. Microsoft still has to
approve every patch.
Adobe did that with Flex way back in 2008.
AFAIK the problem with Adobe was that it didn't have well established
model (and resources) for accepting community requests and code. Maybe
MS will be able to handle that with more success...
Cheers,

Tomislav

On 30.3.2012. 17:28, Thomas Sammons wrote:
> I just saw the MS release about putting ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Razor (asp.net web pages)
out as open source to CodePlex under the Apache license, and the response was completely opposite
of Adobe's handling of Flex.  Pretty much sums up how badly Adobe botched it.