From sébastien Paturel <sebpatu.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LCCS discontinued - infamous decision for Adobe clients
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:46:38 GMT
@All
If Adobe is able to open source (at least a part of) LCCS lib like for
example the client side AS3 components and the FMS server side code
Is it a stupid idea to propose to add it to the apache flex? Maybe we
could replace the FMS server side dependency with a blazeDS based server
side (dont know at all if it makes sense)
and thus combining LCCS client side AS3 components (open source by
Adobe, dont think theres third party license issue for that part) with
blazeDS server side, we could get powerfull real time features all
opensourced in Apache. and no matter what happens to FMS in the future.
Maybe im dreaming a bit, but what you thing of it?

for example will blazeDS be donated to apache as a separated project or
will it be included in Apache flex?
because smaller project like this may not get a big enough community to
be a full standalone apache project, but if its included in flex
powerfull community it will help.

@Giorgo
sounds interresting but:
What is your already complete solution?
Where can we find infos about it?
What server side technology is it based on? FMS?

@Jitendra Jain
Can you please provide the quote and source of such announcement?
On my side i read that they will shut the service down december 31st,
even for existing clients.
And the third party license issues are expressed only as an issue about
the option to open source LCCS, not as a reason to stop LCCS service.

@gabriel
Yes i already checked it. But tanks.
I already sent an email to Jeff Stanier and am waiting for answer.
The quote you provide is great but its not reassuring at all.
Thing is they announce they will shutt all down with a fixed date, and
then they try to find a smooth transition solution (which will take time
to set up).
A real professionnal timeline would be more to first search for a smooth
transition, then announce the shut down date with the proper path to
continue business for existing clients.
After such a quote what should be my next move? Should i wait Adobe and
Jeff to find a smooth solution but without knowing when this solution
will be available, and even not knowing if it will never be available?
During that wait the clock is ticking and theres only 9 month to set up
a solution.
Or should i start to take a lot of unpaid time to search and test any
other alternative, to finally see Adobe coming with a convenient smooth
solution 3 month later?

@jain saurabh
Red5 or wowza or other are more low level solutions, and before getting
a perfectly working solution to replace high level components of LCCS it
will take a lot of work only to get things work as before.

Thanks All for you replies