From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: Flash Player premium features
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:22:45 GMT
Hi Giorgio,

I honestly don't really care about it. As a web developer I am not
getting Flash projects
anyways due to last years marketing and because agencies like buzz
words. As a app developer
I do not care of this particular feature as I will not be affected
(rarely a app really needs the
fast memory and stage 3d. As a game developer I am/will not be
successful enough that this
will affect me, and even if it would: Its software I use. If I earn more
than 50k for a app (after taxes)
I guess I wouldn't be greedy, after all I can accept that some of the
success is based on the Flash platform and I have no problem to reward
them for that (if I use
Unity then I haven't paid a cent for other Adobe products).

Anyways: the way how it went down is ugly. Specially that they
deprecated the old avm calls.
Its one thing if you deprecate something that makes problems but
something that is actually
used and useful is uhm:  why??   It just annoys people. Makes me wonder
if they really value bad
marketing that much...

So: yeah marketing suicide continues... but who really cares: People
that have no way around .swf
will use it like before (my policy is for 6years already: use flash only
if there is no html option).

yours
Martin.