From Martin Heidegger>
Subject Re: [BUG][ISSUE] Regards Type Casting
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:36:37 GMT
Hello Manish,

-- Casting:
ActionScript does not differ between a Integer or int. However: casting
is possible by using a class as a function:

   var foo: Bar = Bar( anything );

or with the "as" keyword

   var foo: Bar = anything as Bar;

The difference between the two statements is that Bar(anything) will
throw an error if the types don't match but "as Bar" will return null.
If you have a variable of a dynamic "*" type then it will be
automatically casted:

    var anything: * = new Baz();
    var foo: Bar = anything; // throws an error if anything isn't of
type Baz

-- Events:
ActionScript implements the ECMAScript event dispatching mechanism [1].
The separation of type (String) and data (Event object) is useful
to pass additional data with it.

-- Function Overloading:
ActionScript does not support parameter overloading. It has been
requested as ASL feature at Adobe [2]  But Adobe is very careful not
to change(improve) ActionScript as a language. Aside from that: Method
overloading is a controversial feature anyways.

ALL the questions you've asked are ActionScript specific (not Flex