From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: Actionscript workers and async locking?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 09:29:47 GMT
On 26/03/2012 18:13, Left Right wrote:
> Martin: what particularly would bother me about such model is the energetic
> style (energetic as opposite of lazy). I.e. in your scenario {x: 200}
> object is created even before the first function runs. In case there is an
> error, creation of this object may not be necessary, but it was already
> created. This is why I mentioned Erlan-style processes, where the code that
> needs to be executed in response to a signal isn't evaluated until the
> signal is received.

Any configuration process is always bound to "unnecessary
instantiation", if you instantiate
things only when needed then you have to pay a lot of intention to what
properties are available at what time.

A DSL for lazy operations has proven itself quite valuable as you can
see from the various tweening apis
they may be a little wasteful but ultimately result in more stable,
flexible systems that are easier to read.

yours
Martin.