From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] release package questions
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:05:01 GMT
On 23/03/2012 06:50, Carol Frampton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Traditionally the Flex SDK has been distributed as a zip file which contains both the
source and the binaries.

> I read that every ASF release must contain a source package, which must be sufficient
for a user to build and test the release provided they have access to the appropriate platform
and tools and that Apache allows a binary package as a convenience to users that may not want
to build the sources.

> I took a look at 3 or 4 existing Apache projects and their downloads seemed to contain
both sources and binaries.  For one project I looked at, the only difference I could tell
was that the binary package contained documentation.

> My questions are:
>
>   *   Is there suppose to be one package with just source and another package with the
results of the build or can they be combined?
>   *   Our build downloads some libraries which don't have compatible licenses to the
Apache license.  Can we distribute binaries built with these libraries?

> Carol

Hello Carol,

Out of curiosity: what libraries are you talking about?

greetings
Martin.
out of curiosity: