From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [RT] Repositories & Artifacts
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 06:05:20 GMT
On 15/03/2012 14:17, Yennick Trevels wrote:
> While Sonatype may have a pretty strict requirement regarding project
> dependencies, it's also a good thing because it makes sure that all the
> dependencies can be found on the Maven Central repository.

I do not bother so much about the strictness, i bother about the user
experience you
get at sonatype:
     Read a complex document hidden in a wiki hidden under a tiny link...
     Create a Jira bug entry with general data...
      ... wait ...
      ... (hope that no other took that path) ...
     Get familiar with a complex gui.

And all that to provide a 2k file that is written in 10 minutes. With a
bit focus on
user experience this could be done in the same time with verification
and publication while actually
learning something ... its 2012 ...

> Maven Central is also the default repository for Maven, so the user doesn't have to specify
> an extra repository. Even if we choose to not deploy to Sonatype we should make sure
that all
> the Flex dependencies (like Mockolate, FlexUnit) are available on an
> official repository somewhere. FlexUnit shouldn't be a problem anymore
> since I recently completed the build script to deploy its artifacts to
> Sonatype.

Actually FlexUnit was about to be contributed to Apache, takes a little
longer :)
Mockolate would be more important, and it has quite a few dependencies.

> For deployment to these repositories I'd use Ant since the rest of the Flex
> build script is already in Ant. FlexUnit also uses Ant for this and it's
> working fine.
Ant is just fine for me.

yours
Martin.