From Martin Heidegger>
Subject Re: Haxe and Flex
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:10:08 GMT
To be honest: if I would have to write a framework for haXe I would
focus it on other things than I do in AS3.
AS3 is not a perfect language (by a long shot) but in Flex MXML is a key
concept and it does take some time to implement a hxml of
the same logic, same goes for quite a few other aspects (that now "just
work"). I am not opposed to that but like I said before:
I wouldn't call that Flex because it most likely will not resemble Flex
a lot.

On 13/03/2012 04:56, James Cowan wrote:
> haXe's ability to compiled to many targets (native cpp, java/c#,
> javascript, as3/swf and neko vm) does make it very attractive
> and it is open source.
> I noticed that ASwing (the port of Java Swing to AS3) is making the
> plunge and moving to haXe to take advantage of the cpp
> target:
> I did not get a sense from looking at the thread that there was much
> enthusiasm for moving from AS3 to haXe and not porting
> to haXe would mean 2 code bases which does not sound ideal.
> James

View raw message