From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [OT] IME
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 06:24:31 GMT
On 12/03/2012 07:21, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Interesting but perhaps not that surprising it's a little odd in transparent mode. Window
is the most likely wmode for a flex application. I assume it works fin  in that mode on all
browsers you tested?

Yes, the other wmode settings work.

> Open Question: I have not found a way to listen to IMEEvent.IME_START_COMPOSITION, has
anybody ever tried that?
> I've not tried but I would assume you listen on the textinput field. Perhaps TLF is getting
in the way?

No TLF loaded. I added a listener to the TextField, stage, a containing
sprite (like I found in TLF) and the ime instance. Can not find any
hints. (code at wonderfl[1])

> You might also want to look at the table here re Window/Linux/OSX IME support.
> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/system/IME.html
I did read the table before but I assumed that, as it is supported in
Windows7, it should also send the composition start events.

yours
Martin.

[1] http://wonderfl.net/c/lLzJ