From Martin Heidegger ...@leichtgewicht.at>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Add PostCodeValidator and PostCodeFormatter to the SDK
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 07:33:43 GMT
On 11/03/2012 11:46, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just looked into the wide character issue and it seem Flex does have support for this
via IME (Input Method Editor).  These some info here:
> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/system/IME.html
> http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=18_Client_System_Environment_6.html
>
> This works on the TextInput not on the Validator, so Validator class support it is probably
not the way forward. At this point I think it may be best to remove wide number support from
the class and I'll see if I can get an wide number/character example working via IME.

> Thanks,
> Justin

Hello Justin,

the IME has not much to do with that. The IME class lets programmers
tell the browser that this particular field is supposed to get a
particular input but the User is always the highest authority and can
always change the IME conversionMode in a System toolbar! Beyond that
this recommendation system does not work in Chrome or Firefox, just
Internet Explorer supports it, Opera completely left me standing in the
rain.... Well anyways: IME is to help make the users life easier but he
can input both full and half width characters at any time! Which means
it is related to the Validator imho.

yours
Martin.