From Keith Sutton <ke...@spoon.as>
Subject Re: Maven and Flex 4.6
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 03:13:22 GMT
I my last months at Adobe I worked with Marvin and the Flex release
engineers on releasing a 'maven-ized' SDK release, at the time (Nov) it
was really close to being done. Not sure what the ultimate fate of that
was. There were plans to do this and improve Maven integration in Flash
Builder which Marvin was collaborating on but that has gone by the
wayside given events.

Marvin has been struggling on a number of fronts for years, 1) is trying
to develop a business around one of the most downloaded open source Flex
projects (which he was beginning to get off the ground up to November),
and 2) getting people to contribute code and not just complaints into
flexmojos.

I have been in touch with Marvin since November and he is interested in
continuing to some degree but just can't do it on his own. Given the
events since Nov it is not surprising he would reconsider his future
however given the value provided by flexmojos to so many
people/organizations it would be a shame not to see it continue forward.