From James Cowan <jamesmco...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Maven and Flex 4.6
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 20:00:53 GMT

HI Espen

there are 2 issues.

Compiling the SDK with maven will make the pain and suffering of getting
it into a maven repo go away and what you are doing will fix that.

Compiling Flex sources in a maven build environment is the big issue and
if flexmojos is not brought into the fold, there is a ton of development
needed (or back to ant).

James

On 09/03/2012 19:42, Skogen, Espen wrote:
> James,
>
> What I was trying to say was that the Apache project will address improvements to Apache
releases, not Adobe's. So in short, Apache has no plans to look at Adobe Flex 4.6, because
we have no stake at all in Adobe Flex.

London Wall, EC2Y 5AJ,  London, United Kingdom | T: +442077420836 | espen.skogen@jpmorgan.com
| jpmorgan.com

have been limbo for ages and there are lots of improvements between 4.5 (current flexmojos
target) and 4.6, not least in the mobile stuff.

> The practical steps of getting 4.6 working with flexmojos are almost there; someone has
been through the pain of getting the SDK uploaded into a Sonatype repo and flexmojos can be
recompiled to support it.

> Can Apache Flex not invite Marvin Froeder (the Flex mojos author) to join Apache?
>
> Is flexmojos license the issue? Can JP Morgan lob some funding over to Marvin Froeder
:-)

> James
>
> On 09/03/2012 17:56, Skogen, Espen wrote:
>> 4.6 is the adobe release, so that's sort of Adobe's beef. We are looking at introducing
native Maven support for Apache Flex in a future release, but there's no timeline at this
stage.

>> E:)
>>

>> Espen Skogen | Vice President | IB Tech Market | Investment Bank |
>> J.P. Morgan | 125 London Wall, EC2Y 5AJ,  London, United Kingdom | T:
>> +442077420836 | espen.skogen@jpmorgan.com | jpmorgan.com

if you change a few of the poms and recompile.