From James Cowan <jamesmco...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Maven and Flex 4.6
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 18:04:57 GMT

You will see in the reply on the Adobe forum that Adobe have no plans
for maven and see it as Apache's beef.

Introducing native maven support (or ant *with* ivy) into Flex would be
great but things have been limbo for ages and there are lots
of improvements between 4.5 (current flexmojos target) and 4.6, not
least in the mobile stuff.

The practical steps of getting 4.6 working with flexmojos are almost
there; someone has been through the pain of getting the SDK
uploaded into a Sonatype repo and flexmojos can be recompiled to support it.

Can Apache Flex not invite Marvin Froeder (the Flex mojos author) to
join Apache?

Is flexmojos license the issue? Can JP Morgan lob some funding over to
Marvin Froeder :-)

James

On 09/03/2012 17:56, Skogen, Espen wrote:
> 4.6 is the adobe release, so that's sort of Adobe's beef. We are looking at introducing
native Maven support for Apache Flex in a future release, but there's no timeline at this
stage.

London Wall, EC2Y 5AJ,  London, United Kingdom | T: +442077420836 | espen.skogen@jpmorgan.com
| jpmorgan.com

if you change a few of the poms and recompile.