From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Changes and Graduation Was: [PROPOSAL] html template
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 00:02:51 GMT
Hi,

> That's correct, but someone has to run a scrub someday down the road when we
> eventually try to graduate.
Being a PPMC member I'll help out with that when the time comes.

> Here's an example:  Suppose we have to remove playerproductinstall from the
> template for legal reasons and some patch which was made against a version
> that had it accidentally adds it back in.
I don't see that as being an issue.

Even assuming the change is not discussed on list and is just submitted by a committer without
"warning". CTR is the policy for small low risk changes. The SVN diffs would be emailed to
the list and someone will notice the change. It would be discussed on the list and if it was
decided there was a issue the change would be reverted.

The process does allow for mistakes to be made but that's OK as they can be easily and simply
corrected by the community.

Are you really suggesting that we hold off making changes (including bug fixes) until after
graduation?

Thanks,
Justin