From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: mx PostCode validator class
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 08:24:18 GMT
Hi,

> So I haven't found time to learn more about the new g11n methods you have
> to implement to make the Spark validators work. But I'm curious as to what
> the difference is in implementing those methods
I think that they by default they report the locale from the OS rather than the locale the
Flex SDK was compiled with. They provide better support for sorting, position of the negative
sign in numbers and a few other things but not much help with postcodes.

Comprehensive overview here:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_globalization_package.html

> if the setter is used to override the value from ResourceManager, and then the locale
changes at runtime,
> then the error won't update
I'd think that if you override them then they would be overridden for all locales and only
change when the locale changes if they are not overridden. I'll add some unit tests and double
check what other mx style validators do.

Thanks,
Justin