From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex namespace and build script changes
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:41:57 GMT
Hi,

> My inclination would have been "asf" rather than "a" but I am sure many
> others have opinions.
As I'm sure you know what you specify as a namespace prefix is totally up to each component/application.

 I could for example do this:
<s:Application xmlns:montypython="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark">
  <monteypython:Form>
  </monteypython:Form>
</s:Application>

It's more the name space URI that's the issue I think.

"asf' as an example prefix is fine by me, but I do quite like the way "a" prefix reads:
  <a:Component>
    <a:DifferentComponent />
  </a:Component>

> FlexBuilder uses fat swcs which include the Asdocs for that component.
I've seen references to them in the build files but didn't understand what they were. I'll
 take a look and see how they are generated differently.

>  I will need to check and see if there was anything else done.
Thanks that would be appreciated.

Justin