From "Skogen, Espen" <espen.sko...@jpmorgan.com>
Subject RE: Maven and Flex 4.6
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 19:42:55 GMT
James,

What I was trying to say was that the Apache project will address improvements to Apache releases,
not Adobe's. So in short, Apache has no plans to look at Adobe Flex 4.6, because we have no
stake at all in Adobe Flex.

But I am certainly looking at getting the first Apache release prepared for Maven, so if all
goes well...

E:)

Espen Skogen | Vice President | IB Tech Market | Investment Bank | J.P. Morgan | 125 London
Wall, EC2Y 5AJ,  London, United Kingdom | T: +442077420836 | espen.skogen@jpmorgan.com | jpmorgan.com

-----Original Message-----
From: James Cowan [mailto:jamesmcowan@googlemail.com]
Sent: 09 March 2012 18:05
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Maven and Flex 4.6

You will see in the reply on the Adobe forum that Adobe have no plans for maven and see it
as Apache's beef.

Introducing native maven support (or ant *with* ivy) into Flex would be great but things have
been limbo for ages and there are lots of improvements between 4.5 (current flexmojos target)
and 4.6, not least in the mobile stuff.

The practical steps of getting 4.6 working with flexmojos are almost there; someone has been
through the pain of getting the SDK uploaded into a Sonatype repo and flexmojos can be recompiled
to support it.

Can Apache Flex not invite Marvin Froeder (the Flex mojos author) to join Apache?

Is flexmojos license the issue? Can JP Morgan lob some funding over to Marvin Froeder :-)

James

On 09/03/2012 17:56, Skogen, Espen wrote:
> 4.6 is the adobe release, so that's sort of Adobe's beef. We are looking at introducing
native Maven support for Apache Flex in a future release, but there's no timeline at this
stage.

> E:)
>

> Espen Skogen | Vice President | IB Tech Market | Investment Bank |
> J.P. Morgan | 125 London Wall, EC2Y 5AJ,  London, United Kingdom | T:
> +442077420836 | espen.skogen@jpmorgan.com | jpmorgan.com

if you change a few of the poms and recompile.