From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Flex and names spaces in MXML
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:13:36 GMT
Omitting the xmlns attributes in MXML would make MXML not be valid XML.

- Gordon Smith, Adobe

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Mclean [mailto:justin@classsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:44 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Flex and names spaces in MXML

Hi,

I think that you can define public namespaces in actionscript like so:
public namespace fx = "http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"; public namespace s = "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark";
public namespace mx = "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx";

Is there any way we can define the common namespaces somewhere (in UIComponent??) so we don't
have to define them all the time in MXML? This may become more of an issue as we add a few
more name spaces.

Ideally it would  be nice (I think) to  just do this:
<s:Application width="100%">

Instead of:
<s:Application width="100%"
	xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
	xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">

Perhaps we have the MXML compiler automatically create these namespaces if they are not defined?
(Once it gets donated of course.)

Thanks,
Justin