From "Glenn Williams" <i...@tinylion.co.uk>
Subject RE: Why Spark? (was Re: s:Spacer (was Re: Missing Spark components))
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:25:09 GMT
I agree

The main think I love about spark is the lack of
css in the skins and the ability to add my own if
I want to.

I really would rather all spark default skins had
zero CSS in there

The idea of a separate set of skins\components
that are heavily syllable with CSS is fine, just
as long as it's an optional thing.

The basic skins should really not have and css
styling at all, for me I mean.

glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael A. Labriola
[mailto:labriola@digitalprimates.net]
Sent: 05 March 2012 03:20
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Why Spark? (was Re: s:Spacer (was Re:
Missing Spark components))

I think it's fine to have a rich set of skins that
you can use if you want all of those styling
attributes. I would hate to penalize every project
though. It still seems to me that, like HGroup and
VGroup, we can extend all of these classes and put
them in a library... perhaps SparkSimple. It's
nothing but composed versions of the other classes
with a more full featured skin and additional
style declarations. To me that would be the way to
solve both issue.