From "Mark Fuqua" <m...@availdata.com>
Subject RE: Flash Player premium features
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:00:32 GMT

but they really had little choice.  They were hemorrhaging money.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Heidegger [mailto:mh@leichtgewicht.at]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:23 AM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flash Player premium features

Hi Giorgio,

I honestly don't really care about it. As a web developer I am not getting
Flash projects anyways due to last years marketing and because agencies like
buzz words. As a app developer I do not care of this particular feature as I
will not be affected (rarely a app really needs the fast memory and stage
3d. As a game developer I am/will not be successful enough that this will
affect me, and even if it would: Its software I use. If I earn more than 50k
for a app (after taxes) I guess I wouldn't be greedy, after all I can accept
that some of the success is based on the Flash platform and I have no
problem to reward them for that (if I use Unity then I haven't paid a cent
for other Adobe products).

Anyways: the way how it went down is ugly. Specially that they deprecated
the old avm calls.
Its one thing if you deprecate something that makes problems but something
that is actually
used and useful is uhm:  why??   It just annoys people. Makes me wonder
if they really value bad
marketing that much...

So: yeah marketing suicide continues... but who really cares: People that
have no way around .swf will use it like before (my policy is for 6years
already: use flash only if there is no html option).

yours
Martin.