From Jack Ring <jackri...@gmail.com>
Subject [Discussion] Printing from Flex
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 15:15:48 GMT
Hello everyone.
I'm half way into building an enterprise application using Flex, Air, Coldfusion and SQL.
I feel that the framework lacks in the area of printing. For example Alive PDF and mx PrintDataGrid
are not up to standard at all. I don't know much in the way of building frameworks but everything
is so easy to work with and looks great on screen but when I want to generate reports for
print I have to go to a 3 rd party solution or use that antiquated mx:PrintDataGrid component.
I have a graphic arts background and I find myself fighting these components so hard that
I always end up compromising on the way my application is represented on paper. Shouldn't
there be at least a built in spark PrintDataGrid?

Thanks,
Jack Ring