From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [CODE] Short cleanup
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:17:34 GMT
Hi,

> today I read/skimmed over the Flex SDK and found a lot of missing ";"
Semicolons are optional in a lot of cases but I it would be good to see them in there for
constancy sake.

>  a few unused private methods or method arguments and imports.
It most cases I agree they should be removed.  In one or two of the missing method argument
is possible they should left as a reminder that the method could be optimised if it used those
parameters.

Currently we don't have any way of testing changes to the framework so unfortunately it's
not really possible to check changes into the SVN trunk. We also don't want to cause any potential
issues for upcoming donations from Adobe and the initial Apache parity release. However I'm
all for changes like this to be submitted into a SVN branch and merged at a later date.

Do other PPMC members/commiters see any issue with this? We might end up with a few branches
and some potential merge issues down the track but nothing that should be too hard to sort
out.

Following correct procedure a JIRA entry need to be created for this (perhaps more than one?
One for missing semicolons, one for imports etc) and patches generated.

Thanks,
Justin