From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Testing Framework Site Update
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:30:57 GMT
>I agree, full coverage would be ideal. But I share the same concern.
>Writing unit tests at this point is mostly "oh shit does this really work"
>tests... not really the same as driving the development with them, which is why I don't
see it as a high priority (for myself) to spend time on. Again, that's not to say someone
else won't, just that its not how I want to prioritize my >time.

The other concern is that we are likely to make more modification to existing code than to
write brand new code for a while, IMO... to that end we are then trying to write tests against
something that is very coupled and hence fundamentally untestable in units. When spoon first
started, I spent months and months making surgical changes to the Flex framework to try to
improve testability. Most of that code was approached in a very limited way though as we didn't
have the ability to make wholesale changes to the framework.... given our new situation, I
can be ... more aggressive :)

Mike