From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Compiler Array Implementation ( was Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour )
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:20:28 GMT
>Is there a reason it can't be done in the same way MSVS designer generates the code? I
mean, I know that there is method of UIComponent that can create other components from "descriptor",
but I could never >think of a use case that justified that method existence in the first
place. If this was a way to allow creating tabs in tab navigator or similar (where the components
may not be created right away), then I think that the >component that supports such initialization
scheme should provide methods to help that, for example, if it is a tab navigator, then it
would have a property `tabs`, with array of functions String -> Tab (string would be >the
tab title, and, tab is the new or recycled tab component).
>Or am I missing something?

In the original deferred instantiation scheme (for things like tab nav and viewstack) the
out container was create, just not its children. Meaning that each top level container associated
with the tab navigator already existed, so people could set data on it, etc. However, when
you switched to the tab, it created that containers children at that time.

Mike