From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Flex adopting haXe ?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:08:50 GMT
>> *) e4x: Its such a pleasure to use in AS3.

>We have haxe.xml.Fast API which is maybe not as much powerful as E4X but still very convenient
for quick XML parsing. It should be possible to write a quite complete E4X equivalent with
haXe macros.

>Keep in mind also that XML is being replaced in lot of cases by JSON.

On a quick side note, 3 of the largest Flex enterprise apps in existence use XML over HTTP
exclusively for their data transfer needs. Losing some form of e4x support means losing those
apps which collectively employ near a thousand flex developers. Can't see that we have a community
so big right now we could lose that.

Mike