From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Other locales for Flex SDK
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:51:01 GMT
>last time i checked somebody at adobe held VP position in the unicode consortium, so hopefully
flash's globalization bits & the CLDR aren't too far apart. looking at some of the globalization
stuff (very nice i might add) such as:

The flash globalization APIs don’t do any of that work. What they really do is hand off
your calls to the operating system. This is good and bad. It means things are fast but you
can actually get slightly different results in some cases between windows, mac and linux.
You also have a least common denominator approach of some of their APIs.

>and just FYI, way back when (2008) someone made a stab at porting CLDR to AS3:

We do have a full port including all of the tools to parse their LDML file, coallation, searching
and formatting. It was work done for a client though and we are trying to encourage its donation.

Mike