From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Other locales for Flex SDK
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 02:06:05 GMT
>HI ,
>
>I've taken a quick look at the CDLR it basically give timezone, date, time and currency
formatting information for a wide range of locales. Quite useful.
>eg http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tags/release-21/common/main/en_AU.xml
>
>It may be possible to download this and as part of the framework build process inject
the right values into the flex.resource RSLs? For I think it's more practical to check the
dozen or so locales that exist in the flex SDK or any new >locales added to see that they
comply.

>Having a AS class that obtains these formats at runtime could also be useful. Anyone want
to have a go at writing one?

>The license may not be Apache friendly (not 100% sure) http://unicode.org/copyright.html

I have a full implementation of CLDR that I may someday be able to contribute. Still waiting
for some clearance on that.

Mike