From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Signed RSL from Apache
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:40:56 GMT
>Flex does not leverage that aspect of Flash.  Like Java, it has code
>libraries which can be substantial in size.   Unlike Java, it does not
>supported class loading on the fly.  You have to preload the code before making access
to a class.

Alex,

I always had a theory I wanted to try out but never had a chance to. Just curious to get your
initial reaction on it as it pertains to this conversation. SWF is a streaming format. Generally,
Flex takes advantages of 2 frames, but the system manager does already hint at looking at
frames beyond 2.

I always thought it would be interesting to stream the first two frames from a server. Then
keep alive the connection, use some connection to a server to indicate which classes were
needed next and just stream additional frames each time we need a group of definitions. Not
saying we need to adapt everything to do that, just always wanted to try.

Initial gut check on the theory?
Mike