From "Michael A. Labriola" <>
Subject RE: [gosh] Goshhawk language choices and more [Was: Adobe / Apache / Spoon Flex Tour]
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:45:47 GMT
>David's language is harsh, perhaps not well suited for email discussions (or any discussion
for that matter) and not productive in building community.
>But his point is well taken. Hinting at solutions to problems, but not actually revealing
them to the group, feels like delaying progress, feels like "proprietary" vs "open source."
>And I think it's worth pointing out, that while for some this is just fun, for others
livelihoods and past investments depend on the future of Apache Flex and time is ticking.
David's frustration with Alex can be >understood if he falls in this camp, which I do
fall into.
Omar commented on something that Gordon said about the internals of Falcon.

Falcon is not an open source compiler that we own.  Perhaps Goshhawk solves all of our problem
and we never need Falcon. Perhaps not.

Either way I fail to see why Alex commenting on the fact that he is already trying to address
my concern in a closed-source compiler is a problem. With some luck, it may one day be ours.
Perhaps while it is still relevant.

View raw message